With the aid of two test knitters on Ravelry and my friend for the modeling, I have updated the pattern for Rose Tyler’s Fingerless Mittens. I have to admit, they look pretty freaking awesome, and the pattern does too. The pattern is now a smidge simpler and (I think) a lot easier to understand than the previous version.
I’ve been milling around the last few days trying to figure out what my next project will be (monthly socks don’t count). I’ve scoured Ravelry for ideas, searched through my stash and nothing’s hit me. I think with the completion of this pattern update, I’ve found my next project: more pattern updates! They’re not as exciting to do as a brand new design, but watching the transformation of the Ravelry page for Rose’s Mitts was amazing. As many designers much smarter than I have said, quality pictures make all the difference. I hope to take advantage of my friend’s pretty face once more before we move to update the Brigid Larkin hat, which is just waiting for the right day for pictures.